Now that school is officially out for the summer, I hope to be able to concentrate more on our blogging endeavors. As of late, I have taken somewhat of a hiatus from the blog world. But alas, here I am again and with so much to share!
I have been craving a cool and sweet summer treat and these frozen banana bites truly hit the spot. Only three ingredients are required and the most difficult part is finding the patience to wait until they are finished to snatch them up and eat them.
Magic Shell chocolate syrup
1. Peel and slice bananas into 1/2 inch coins. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a single layer, place banana coins on the lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
3. Remove from freeze and drip/drizzle magic shell on the banana coins. Sprinkle with toffee bits. *Must work quickly, as chocolate shell comes into contact with frozen bananas it starts to set up. If it sets up before you sprinkle the toffee bits they will not stick.
4. Put covered banana coins back into freezer for 15 minutes to solidify shell. Then may then be peeled off the parchment paper and stored in a resealable plastic bag in the freezer.
5. Take out 3 – 4 at a time to enjoy!
I love the creaminess of the banana mixed with the rich chocolate and sweet crunch of the toffee! You may want to experiment with your own toppings. Here are some suggestions:
- chocolate shell & peanuts
- chocolate shell & rice krispies
- chocolate shell & coconut
- chocolate shell & graham cracker
- peanut butter shell & mini chocolate chips
What cool treats are you making this summer?