With all those coffee shops out there – you know what I’m talking about – does anyone out there ever invite friends over to their house anymore for coffee? Well I just did and we had a great time chatting up a storm. I’m thinking maybe I should do it a little more often. Time at the coffee shop for me usually means I am traveling with my husband and I have to find a place to land for a couple of hours while he works (attending meetings most of the time). I don’t mind – I love the atmosphere of the “coffee shop” but chatting with my friend in the privacy of my home can’t be beat.
First of all the serving size says 4 and it is baked in a 9″ x 13″ pan. A bit crazy but probably an entry error. This is a very rich cake and eating 1/4 of it would be almost 3 days worth of calories.
Ingredients for Cinnamon Crumble Coffee Cake:
|5 cups Flour; or half all purpose & half bisquick|
|3 cups Sugar|
|1 teaspoon Salt|
|3 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder|
|1 1/4 cup Vegetable oil|
|3 large Egg|
|1 1/8 cup milk|
|2 teaspoon Vanilla extract|
|2/3 stick Butter|
|2 teaspoon Cinnamon|
|1 cup Nuts; ground|
1. Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add in the oil.
2. Divide this mixture – one half slightly larger than the other – into 2 bowls.
3. In the smaller portion add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Mix well until free of lumps ( mixture will be thin ). Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
4. In the larger portion add the butter, cinnamon & nuts. Mix with hands or pastry blender, making crumbs, leaving some large crumbs. Sprinkle over first layer in pan.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes till browned. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This is best served warm of course. It is a bit heavy to my liking, so if you like rich foods this is it. Overall it is a good recipe but not sure I will make it again.
Do you invite others over for coffee?